We ladies often have a tough time packing light. We want to look fashionable, but we don’t have a lot of space to pack everything. This travel packing list will help you pack only the clothes and accessories that you need — while still looking fashionable. It can be tough, but it isn’t impossible if you follow this packing guide.
Packing light isn’t easy for many of my fellow female travellers (I still struggle, myself), but the benefits to traveling light are immense. First, it allows you to travel more freely and easily. You might not realize it now, but you’re going to encounter crowded public transportation (usually with lots of stairs), bustling streets, small trains/planes, narrow hallways and staircases, and a wide range of other stressful situations that make traveling with a lot of stuff extremely difficult.
So I have jotted down what primarily women carries when she travels –
- Travel Accesories & Documents
- Makeup ,Skincare & Fashion Accesories
- First Aid Kit
Lets get it started :
Clothing being the widest category – it depends a lot on where you have decided to travel – whether it is a hilly area, beach place, city or village , chilly or warm but still here are some neccesary piece of clothing any women is supposed to carry wherever she is going.
- Tops – Make sure to carry pair of comfortable cotton tank tops – in case you are going to a summer place or you can wear as an undershirt if its a chilly area which is a safe and comfortable option.
- Undergarments – Ladies, i know having sexy lingerie is a must but it is more important to carry something which is more to your comfort. ( Incase if you have plans to go to chilly place- don’t forget carrying thermal inners because they are warm, cozy and comfortable at the same time)
- Bottoms – Until and unless its not a beach, Jeans are universal so that has been the safest option.
Other than that, here are some advices that you need to keep in mind –
- Mix & Match Your Colors and Styles — Make sure everything you bring should look good when paired
with any other article of clothing you have. You should be able to blindly pull out any top and bottom from your bag and pair them together. If you can’t do this, you should reconsider what you’ve chosen.
- Choose Low Maintenance Clothing — Make sure the stuff you bring doesn’t have special washing instructions — like dry-clean only.
- Forget the ‘Single Use’ Items — . Instead, bring something that can be dressed up or dressed down since it’s more versatile.
- Fashion Accessories — A lightweight scarf is an easy way to change up your wardrobe. You cannot bundle up your whole wardrobe just by using some cute accessories with existing clothing
- Don’t Forget to Shop from the location – At a personal level, the pleasure of shopping and wearing clothes from destination is unparallel. I have always had shoots wearing clothes of that location whether it was showing boho and banjara vibes from Pushkar or swimsuit from Goa so don’t panic about luggage.
Now these are must not to carry but for personal hygiene. I believe even if you are staying even at an uber cool fancy resort or a luxurious hotel – do carry your own toiletries just to be on safer side.
- Antiperspirant or body mist – Needless to say, this is a must not for personal hygiene but also the other person has a good scentful company…haha. But on a serious note, carry a light fragrance/ body mist, often airports do have a problem if you carrying a large perfume which has alcohol content in domestic travel so prefer deodorants/mist incase of small journeys.
- BODY LOVE – Shampoo/ Conditioner/Body Wash – I know five star luxuries and even resorts do have it but I have been carrying mine own for a happy journey.
- Your Own Towel – which is a must – needles to say.
- Oral care – Toothbrush/toothpaste/floss – Not sounding like an OCD – but oral hygiene is a must even if you are going for trek, going to untouched place or even travelling solo.
- Sanitary napkins/tampons – Even if you sure – your days would not come – YOU NEED IT!! there would surely be a woman (in case you are in group )or those mess ups- please do carry.
- Sunscreens and moisturisers – I was about to keep the subheading as vaseline because it is an all -in-one kind of thing but it entirely depends on your choice/skin type.
- Handy Wet Wipes – To avoid sweat , body odour – i use simple johnson&johnson wipes .
Optional but recommendable travel accessories –
- Blow dryer/ Straighter (Dual Voltage as per location )
- Disposable female razor / hair removal –
- Toilet papers (Travel size only) – if the place you are travelling would not be having.
- Hair spray (in case you use in every day life )
Travel Accesories and Important Travel Documents
Ok, needless to say – you would not be able to travel with the essential documents – identity proof and tickets/ copy of your bookings at the specific destination..so this is not even an accessory but a mandate every traveller would be carrying to even commute between cities.
Other than that, list of travel accessories include –
Chargers ad plugins or mobile pone/camera/Laptop –
This is a must must – until you just totally want to loose touch with outside world, but i cannot survive without these as I am blogger and would love to cover every minute detail . I CARRY EXTRA BATTERY ALWAYS WITH ME.
- Good Book/Good Playlist with sound earphones –
This is for the long ( more than four hours ) travel when you are in train/plane/ cab and you are bit bored talking to fellow passengers and have no idea. I generally have happy travel playlist to groove or peep me up along with a book (no, i do not carry a book – but i have kindle subscription so i can choose easily )
- Water bottle and snacks for journey –
I have gone for trekking and even villages where clean water is often a struggle – i will adivce to carry a clean drinkable bottle which is never a task and some snacks which you can buy on the way ( depends on what you like – biscuit, chips etc.)
- Ear Plugs and Eye Mask –
Its a must just in case you do not want to hear people snoring while travelling -( finding earplugs is not a biggie- you can easily grab a pear in the nearest pharmacy) and when it comes to earmark – it personally depends on you – well , i do carry one to have sound peaceful sleep .
- Neck comforter/ Pillow –
Just to avoid neck sprains and have a sound sleep, please do carry one ( SPECIALLY FOR LONG TRAVEL JOURNEYS)
Makeup & Fashion Accesories
Now this is a category which is highly subjective as per the place you are travelling.
Just in case you are travelling for an aquentice wedding, you would need a goddamn vanity…..haha
But if you want to travel lite…here are the basic makeup that you should be carrying for a goo skin
- BB/CC Cream
- Moisturiser/ Sun block
- Body mist
- 2-3 Lippies ( Gloos / Lipstick/ Lipgel and the colour as per your choice)
- Face wash – for a glowing skin
Fashion Accesories –
Winter /Summer Accesories –
Just incase you going to winter destination – carry scarves, ear covers , warmers and wrappers along with gloves and boots
When it comes to summer or beach place- csarong/ cute slippers, sunglasses sunblocks are a must .
- Sunglasses – I cannot survive one
- Watch – I have lately been fond of Digital sports watches (helps in counting steps) but it completely depends on where you travelling
Ohh shoes… why must you be so difficult? I struggle with knowing what type of shoes to bring and I know this is very common amongst all travelers.
For your main pair, I suggest comfortable flats that can be either dressed up or dressed down. Additionally, I also think a pair of fashionable (and comfortable) footwear is fine
Incase it is hiking/trekking/running- decathlon, timberland, nike to your rescue
Otherwise prefer carrying not many shoes as consume maximum space in any female bag.
So less is best
- Black pair of mid heal (if you have plans to party and black because it is safest)
- One Comfortable footwear (sneakers/ flip flops/rubber slippers)– I do not care whichever fancy location a person goes they need to carry their comfortable slippers that they on daily basis such that they do not have face discomfort for new footwear or catch a shoe-bite
- Running shoes if you think it is mandatory
First Aid kits
We are well versed what should be ideally in a first aid kit, but still just for help-
- Painkillers/ Pain Sprays- At a personal level, I carry moov pain spray which I thinks ideal and easy to carry
- Motion sickness pills
- Prescription Drugs
I hope you guys love the blog and it would be of help. Let me know anything else if I missed.
Lots of love <3